Classic Spaghetti Bolognese
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
San Remo No.6 Spaghetti 1 lb
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp rosemary, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
14 oz ground beef
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, diced
14 oz can tomatoes, pureed
3 tbsp tomato paste
Salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain.
- Heat olive oil in a pan then add rosemary, garlic, ground beef, onion and red bell pepper.
- Cook until the onions are soft and the beef starts to brown.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes until the beef is cooked and the red bell pepper is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide pasta into 4 bowls and top each with sauce. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and serve.